earth-sky garden and replacement office
2019: Earth-Sky Garden
This exciting landscaping project is happening right now - transforming the area outside the shrine room windows. The decaying farmyard concrete is going, and a new outdoor sacred space is in process of creation - beautiful and accessible for all, including those with limited mobility.
Please help us reach our fundraising target - we're nearly there! Take a look at Taraloka's fb page for more pics and updates.
In 2022: creating an essential new office space.
Taraloka’s office portacabin, the hub of Taraloka’s practical running, is at the end of its life and falling apart. In 2022 we hope to replace it with a solid long-lasting office space - a base from which the community can continue giving the ‘invisible’ backstage support to Taraloka’s retreats.
What Your Donation Could Buy
These two projects, including loss of earnings in 2019, come to £275,000. Taraloka’s been saving up for a number of years and we have two-thirds of the money needed. Could you help us raise the last third - £92,000 - to make these projects happen?
If 600 women gave £150, we’d meet our target!
- £1,000 would remove 5msq of old concrete and replace it with tough porcelain tiles, looking like natural stone yet smooth and non-slip.
- £500 would build 1m of ‘boundless boundary’ - cow-proof yet keeping the view
- £350 would create 1ft of tall drystone wall
- £150 would buy 40 native ferns to flourish in the drystone wall.
- £100 would provide a natural stone bench top from local quarry
- £50 would buy wild flower seeds to create a meadow area
Thank you for your generosity - you are giving a gift that helps women transform their lives.