ONLINE EVENT: Alive! Aware! Awake!
What is it to be fully aware, fully alive? Mindfulness is an adventure! In these times more than ever, the Buddha’s teaching of the Four Foundations of Mindfulness gives us an essential framework for how to stay present, clear-minded, and living from our deepest values, whether we’re meditating or in the thick of our daily lives.
Engage with this online home retreat to train in the relief and ease of being in the present moment – whatever that present moment looks like. How can we taste the deep excitement of opening experientially to the nature of reality itself – available in each thought-moment – right here, right now?
Taraloka and thebuddhistcentreonline are collaborating to offer Alive! Aware! Awake!
There are two ways of participating in this event:
1. Dip in and out, participate in as much or as little as you like. Open to All. (Further details of what’s on offer in 'Read More')
2. Follow the programme and book a place in a led women's discussion group with Taraloka. Please read details below before booking. Book discussion group place using 'Make Booking' button at bottom of page!
Alive! Aware! Awake! Home Retreat includes:
1. Freshly recorded material:
- Daily Dharma talks by the Taraloka retreat team
- Daily led meditations
- Suggestions for your own experiential explorations
2. Live events from 19.30 - 20.30 BST every day of the retreat - book these on TBCO . Open to all.
Live events include:
- Led meditations with a chance to share comments and interact
- Q&A with the retreat leaders to ask questions about your practice
- Opening and closing rituals
3. Women’s Discussion Groups with Taraloka Buddhist Retreat Centre for Women - book using 'Make Booking' button at bottom of page!
Discuss and explore the material and your own practice with others on the retreat. Taraloka is offering the chance to participate in five Zoom discussion groups over the week, led by a Taraloka retreat leader. Discussion groups are open to all women who are familiar with the Metta Bhavana and the Mindfulness of Breathing meditation practices as taught in the Triratna Buddhist Community.
Discussion group places are limited, so please only book a place if you are able to commit to listening to the daily Dharma talks (30 minutes), doing the led meditations (30 minutes) and attending all groups. You don’t need to commit to the live evening events in order to attend a group.
Five groups of 1 ½ hours will be held - on Saturday 11th, Sunday 12th, Monday 13th – none on Tuesday – Wednesday 15th and Thursday 16th July.
Groups will be held in the afternoon UK-time. They’ll run for 1 ½ hours at some point between:
- UK BST 14.00 – 17.00
- Vancouver PDT 06.00 - 09.00
- New York EDT 09.00 - 12.00
- New Delhi IST 18.30 – 21.30
If you can’t make the afternoons but could attend a UK-time 10.30 - 12 morning group please email the office: firstname.lastname@example.org If you're from New Zealand or Australia, we will assume you would like the UK-morning groups - you don't need to contact us.
- UK BST 10.00 – 11.30
- Sydney AEST 19.00 - 20.30
- Auckland NZST 21.00 - 22.30